Share Print Bookmark

Histories

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 32» Next»     » Slide Show

Pirie Street Methodist Church

The Pirie Street Methodist Church, located behind the Adelaide Town Hall, was the 'cathedral church' of Methodism in the city. Built in 1850, it could seat 800 downstairs, and an additional 400 in the galleries. In 1969 Pirie Street merged with nearby Stow Congregational Church, an early step in what was to become the Uniting Church. In 1972 the church was closed and demolished to make way for the Colonel Light Centre.

Pirie Street Methodist Church




File namepirie_street_adelaide_methodist_church.jpg
File Size43.22k
Dimensions570 x 421

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 32» Next»     » Slide Show





This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 12.0, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2018.

Maintained by Murray Short | murray@shortfamilytree.com.